Will Military HumVee Rims fit a 01 F-250

POWERSTROKE N

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a cheap good tire and rim for the winter for my 01 F-250 I found a set of Military Spec HumVee wheels an tires on ebay an the seller has it listed as below....

"The Tires are GoodYear / Wrangler RT II Military 36 / 12.50 - 16.5LT an The bolt pattern is 8 lug on 16.5", 8.25" wide with approx 7.25" backspace and is the same lug pattern as most 3/4 & 1 ton trucks. Center hole is appx 4.5" wide. Be sure to check for backspace clearance/interference. These rims fit most Dodges 2500 or higher, F250 and higher and Checy/Gmc 2500 or higher. They will also fit the Dana 60 conversions. These come off the Military Humvees. "

My question ... is this guy correct when he says the rim will fit a F-250 espically my 2001 F-250.

If any one can help feel free to email me at [email protected]

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
NO they will not,

They are different bolt patterns. (8x6.5)

Also, those tires are JUNK, you want the 37" version ;)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
no, the wheels won't fit...
and why the hell would you want a set of bias-ply tires on your rig?

plus, the guy is full of xhit... MilSpec HMMV wheels are on the Munitions List, and you're not gonna find any unless they're scrap right now...

they might be an H-1 wheel (civillian)... either way, they're not gonna flippin work on your truck...

POWERSTROKE N

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well im just wanting a cheap beater tire for the winter , I have found quite a few listings for these mil spec tires, I even found a few brand new sets of them for $275.00 im figuring thats pretty cheap for a 36" or 37" mud tire..I did find a used set of welds with the 16.5 diameter for a superduty at a local junk yard for $75.00 ..i figured that $350 would be alot better for wheels and tires verus another $1,000 to fit the new 20 x 12" weld Cheyenne wheels, I purchased back in june..im currently running the new Nitto Mud Grappler 38" x 15.5" x 20 tires..just tryin to keep my nice shit nice..lol

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work on these quite a bit. I have 5 of them & I travel throughout my state using them for displays & such. Trust me, you don't want them. The wheels are a 2 piece design and are freakin' HEAVY! Besides, as others said, they won't fit.

Just for fun ... here's a couple of pics of 2 of them. I don't have pics of the REALLY nice one yet, though (just finished it).

This one has (6) 15" woofers, (5) 1K amps, 10 mids, 10 tweets. All Memphis.
Hummvee3.jpg

Hummvee2.jpg

Highs.jpg

Amps.jpg

MidsTweets.jpg

This one has different wheels now ....
ACU001.jpg

AdamBomb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had some wheld typhoons 16.5's on my truck for a while but took them off because i was having a very hard time finding a good tire that fit that rim size. I ended up getting some 17" American Racing Mojave Teflons and 40x13.5x17 X Terrains and am very happy with the set up. I got the 17's so that i could also fit the BFG Baja's 39's when these wear out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58