Will this setup Work?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the automatics you only have to have the tranny in PARK.
the parking brake isnt required (i think thats for the manual tranny trucks)

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
no the write up is free u just have to be an ebay member to get it

You can be a member of this forum, GET THE SAME ARTICLE (last time I looked it was still in the WiKi) and not have to be a member of eBay. Basically, the person who posted the COPYRIGHTED article STOLE it. But since I never charged for it, and never wanted to, I have no cause for damages. Still it would be nice if the copyright notice and author (me) had been a part of the article. Was it?

The only people I have authorized to use the articles I wrote are:

This forum
Wabash Ford a.k.a. The Powerstroke Shop

I did get a query a year ago from someone who was buying the kits from the Powerstroke Shop, adding an outrageous markup, and then selling them on eBay. He wanted to print up the article and include it in every shipment. I did tell him he could reference my website or this forum. I guess he decided that he just wanted to ignore my restrictions.

Sorry if this became too much of a rant. I just don't like work that I put time and effort into being passed off as someone else's intellectual property. I DO write for hire, but that article was ORIGINALLY for the members of Superdutydiesel.com. If you go to The Powerstroke Shop website, you will see the instruction link is a pointer to my website. That way I can change the article in ONE place and it's done.

But I have too many other things raising my blood pressure and keeping me awake at night. If you found the article useful, it fulfilled my reasons for writing it. Enjoy.

Richard

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
on the automatics you only have to have the tranny in PARK.
the parking brake isnt required (i think thats for the manual tranny trucks)

I think that might have changed in 05, I know mine won't work without the parking brake on, and in park, with foot off of the service brake.

rotun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Save the upfitter switches, put in a factory remote start (gold package) and hook it up to the rear defrost output (we don't have rear def. on our trucks) and you can remote start and remote "idle up" for those cold mornings.

Reaction score
yeah park or neutral and it will kick in oh and i tried rolling in neutral and it wont kick in unless yer sitting still. What can i say i get bored sittin around in my truck at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg