window motor tips and suggestions

brokentruck97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, my rear pass. window motor has crapped out. there is power to the motor. so at this point i am ruling out the regulator. I ordered a new motor from the local parts store.

Is there any tips and suggestions to make this go nice and smooth. Looks like it is going to be a (sob) to get out, and back in.

thanks
cory

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not hard just take it slow and EZ. I did mine on the side of the road two years ago. Dont ask I have not let the wife off the hook for it.:sly

There is a screw behind the red reflector. :sweet

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
My drivers side window just stopped working. I got the door panel off.

What is the best way to to get the motor out?
and
Where is the best place to buy the replacement?

FMC will only sell me the regulator and motor together. Is that necessary?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to test the switch first they always go bad. On the regulator and motor sometimes it's cheeper to get it all. It's EZER to fix as one unit. Theres two bolts at the glass and three I think on the inside skin of the door. If the you look at the inside of the door right at the glass meets the door there two hole that line up with the bolts at the bottem of the glass. Take them out and have someone hold the glass up. Then the other 3 screews that hold the regulator and motor back them out and the regulator and motor should come out.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. I just got it out and the motor will work to roll down but doesn't even try to go up.

I have the switch assembly in my hand how do I check it?

If its not the switch and I do need a motor SHOULD i get the whole assembly w/regulator or just get the motor?

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Any of those places that will sell you just the motor are setting you up for a major PIA.

Truth be told, it's less work to do the whole regulator assembly.

Check the switch? Got an ohmmeter?

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Any of those places that will sell you just the motor are setting you up for a major PIA.

Truth be told, it's less work to do the whole regulator assembly.

Check the switch? Got an ohmmeter?

Thanks for the response.

Is it still easier to replace the whole assembly even though I already have the motor off, or have I already created a problem by doing that?

YES, I have an ohmmeter but have no idea how to use it?

brokentruck97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
rear window

If you have the motor out just order a new one and bolt it up. Put some lube on your regulator or some grease to make it work easier. Should be good to go after that.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I think I have another issue. This spring fell out while I was in there. I'm pretty sure I see where it goes and I put it there but there is no tension on it or anything keeping it in there.
Any ideas?

vbpgimage.php

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I think I have another issue. This spring fell out while I was in there. I'm pretty sure I see where it goes and I put it there but there is no tension on it or anything keeping it in there.
Any ideas?

vbpgimage.php

remember those "problems" I mentioned? :coffee
You can not get enough tension on that spring by hand to make it work properly in the regulator.
Go get your regulator/motor combo now and take the lift motor back...:sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58