window tint on F350

b unit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So the tinter tells me that the rear doors and rear glass are factory dyed. This is ture, no way to remove it. Is there a tint I can buy to make the front match...or is there a cheap place that I can get clear replacent glass so the tint can match all they way around? Thanks:D

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know on chevys if u got to auto parts place by some cheap tint for 10 bucks or so... just get like midnight black.. it should match pretty good, i did mine and there as black as my truck

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The rear windows are factory tinted and it cannot be removed. The only way to remove it is too replace the windows. I have my front side windows tinted with 30% and it is close but not an exact match. The rear windows are probably something like 20% but they also have a reflective tint to them. If you were to tint the front side windows as dark as the rear ones you would probably run into trouble with the law.

Here is what mine look like. You can see that the rear ones reflect as the front ones are just tinted.

Truck-n-boat016.jpg

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
get 20% it should be an almost perfect match.my 94 is tinted with 20% plus the factory tint and is almost a perfect match to rear glass on my 95

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
get 20% it should be an almost perfect match.
Check your local laws before you go with 20% on a front side window. Around here they will pull you over and start writing if they cannot see you. Mine are beyond the legal limit but they let it slide as long as they can see in a little. I know two guys that have had to remove 20% and one that had to remove 5%.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well see that the nice thing about commercial plates here.my windows can be as dark as i want :sweet

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my front windows tinted (back ones already were from the factory). I do notice that the front has a slight green hue versus black. The tint guy said it is because the front glass has a light tint in the glass and it is what is causing the green hue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14