Window visors...

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a really stupid topic, but which window vent style is better for longevity? The ones that 3m tape above the frame or the ones that clip in the window frame and sit flush.

I think the clip ones look cleaner, but I'm afraid of wear and rusting out the window frame, 3M tape is okay, but I wonder how long it will last.

Comments?

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over 200,000 miles

in the last year and mine are just starting to rattle in the wind now Kleetus....thats everything from near 40c above to near 40c below. Mine are the taped on ones....I think thats pretty good...dealer retapes them in about 5 min n soakes me $10 or nothing. I'm happy with that:rolleyes:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We purchased and installed the Weathertechs over 4 years ago,been thru the extremes of 128 degrees to below zero.They look good as the day we bought em and haven't required any reinstallation.

We went with the in channel design to retain the OEM appearance:sweet

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 3M tape vent visors and I have not had any problems with my mine falling off. They have been on my truck for 2 years+ they have been in temps from -30F to 100F.

Tincup703

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put the 3M tape vent visors on my 99.5 two days after I brought it home new from the dealer in July of '99. They're still right where I put them.

The trick is to throw away the little alcohol wipes in the kit and use something like Goof Off to clean the area where the tape sticks.

Worked for me...night work for you!

tc

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a clip-in set of low-profile vents from Cabela's. Two years + and the passenger rear is rattling a bit starting last fall. I think they look good, like red6's pix above. I haven't tried to figure out why it rattles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58