Windows getting scraped

Yaz

Power Stroke
Reaction score
Does any one know what to do about my side windows. Seems to have something in the molding that is scraping the winows.
Thanks

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year ?

TSB TSB 06-18-2 SIDE GLASS SCRATCHED DUE TO COLLECTION OF DIRT/DEBRIS IN WARPED OUTER WINDOW BELTLINE MOLDING

This article supersedes TSB 06-12-6 to update the vehicle model years.

ISSUE:

Some 2005-2006 F-Super Duty and 2005 Excursion vehicles may exhibit the outer window beltline molding warping around the lower window channel. The condition may be described as warped or loose outer window molding. There may be a pucker or gap between the window beltline molding and the window glass. This may result in dirt and debris collecting between the molding and the glass and scratching the side-window glass.

Note this in the TSB If the side door glass has been scratched, replace the glass. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 501-11.

Last edited:

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Is there any way to stop this? I have the same problem with mine

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
what the hell, i have had this issue since dang near new...driver side is etched up bad...

just thought it was due to sand....trapped in track..you know, i can't control what falls down inside...especially sand particles..

NOW WHAT?

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Occasionally lower the window and clean up the rubber/felt seal. Especially after getting the truck muddy or more often if you frequent dirt roads. That should stop further damage.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
scot: i have never 'mudded' w/ the truck. it is the wind that kicks up and blows sand that gets everywhere.

I HAVE cleaned the felt squeege. but it seems to be 'down inside' that has (and is) etching the window..

can i take it to dealer and get replaced? now? under the TSB??

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Anyone else notice Bushpilot got the TSB and answer posted in 10 minutes or less? :clap:

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Anyone else notice Bushpilot got the TSB and answer posted in 10 minutes or less? :clap:

He is the research god :hail:hail:hail:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy We should have a stump Bush contest to see if there is anything he can't dig up.

To anyone who has had the door panels off: Is there another place the damage could be happening inside the door???

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Not sure about the door thing, but the 1st Annual Stump Bush Contest sounds like it could be ALOT of fun! :watchout:lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track