Windshield Wipers Possessed

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Windshield wipers are not working. They go in and out, usually when i go over a random bump. Once they are on, I can control them normally. If i turn off the ignition, they will not go back on again until i hit a completely random bump.

Took off the multifunction switch, cleaned it up, checked contacts, checked contacts on motor, no dice.

Anyone know which relay controls wipers? :hail

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
follow up

took off relay and cleaned up the contacts and then pulled fuses until i found the right one, bottom left under dash 10 amp, cleaned it up and voila! works like a champ.

I will post a thread on how to take apart your multi function switch and clean it up. Good luck!

Side note, if you are having issues with your radio cutting in and out, check your radio fuse left hand side halfway up 30amp, if you jiggle it, it will prolly cut out on you as if you were hitting a bump, clean it up, bend the contacts out just a touch and re-insert. Problem solved!

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I was going to tell you to replace the wiper relay...
I had issues with that on mine..

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 99 F150 we have it did it all the freaking time. Very annoying, especially when it smeared mud and such all over the dang window. My brother took it apart and determined it to be the multifunction switch, but we just put a toggle switch in after the fuse and turn that toggle on when we really need the wipers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58