Winter is approaching fast!

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
With that said, I would like to see what our members do to prepare.
I might have overlooked something that someone else thinks is necessary -popcorn , you know for peace of mind.

Thanks

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I make sure the coolant level is in normal operating range,the grille cover is in the truck and I inspect the Block/Oil Preheaters for any cord breaks & they are working normally. :)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Test batteries, check coolant freeze protection, give the fuel a little shot of Howes to remove any water in tank and clean out the shop and garage to make room for the rigs inside. As far as the peace of mind, there is not any at -50º

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Crumm said:
As far as the peace of mind, there is not any at -50º

Dayum! If we see a cold snap that'll mean four days at +22*F once during the season. Personally, I do nothing special for my truck during the winter time (I use Stanadyne year round). Our winter weather here is rain not snow.

redpsd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
change oil out to 10w-30, fill up my little containers with Powerservice for fill-ups, and as stated before...check all important cords for no fraying or breaks. Put the winter survival kit in the truck behind the seat(candy bars, blankets, papertowels, matches, coffee can, chit like that).

red

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
man the coldest its been here in my part of texas so far is like 55 and my batteries already had to be replaced so i had to spend big money and get those today

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SDEric said:
With that said, I would like to see what our members do to prepare.
I might have overlooked something that someone else thinks is necessary -popcorn , you know for peace of mind.

Thanks

Check yer Tire pressure(s). there can be a 10lb diff from summer to winter. Check yer windshield wiper blades... out west they prolly been sit'n on the W/shield for 3-4 months.... all Dried up. Get yer chains out, spray'm with WD-40, and look at yer tensioners. Gloves. Mat/tarp to lay on while chain'n up. Pliers. Wire. Small shovel. Tow strap. Flares. Batteries in yer flashlight. First-aid kit.

Check all the fluid levels..... Battery connections, spare fuses. Funny you should mention this.... I just did all this yesterday, on my SD and the wifes WindStar.

Kinda gives me a "Warm'n Fuzzy" know'n I'm (We're) Ready. ;) :) :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14