Winter starting tips

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
pop the valve covers off and pull the connectors off of the plugs.you can use a test light or an OHM meter.i forget how many OHMs they should test out too.but attach a test light to the positive cable on the battery.now touch the tip of the plugs.if it lights the plugs are good if it dont light the plug is bad.
Thanks, Rick

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
it fires right up in any setting but the economy,for some reason my truck dont like the economy setting :dunno .my programs all Twildman programs,dont know what you got.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
pop the valve covers off and pull the connectors off of the plugs.
You can also just pull the connectors off the outside of the valve covers and test the plugs there. Much less work to test without removing the valve covers and this method also tests the inner valve cover connections.

andersonimprovements said:
There are Four electrical connectors that are part of the valve cover gasket. These connectors need to be removed and once removed they reveal Five pins. The two outer pins are connected to one glow plug each. There are 4 connectors equaling total of 8 glow plugs. To test the glow plugs you will need a multimeter that reads ohms. The ohms value for any given pin should be between .1 and 6 ohms. If you are getting a higher or open line reading you may have a bad glow plug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14