Question Winter Tires for a Yukon XL

JRJ04

Reaction score
Hey guys,

girlfriend's dad just picked up a really nice used AWD 05 Yukon XL Denali for their place in Colorado. Came with great tires, but part of the deal he got was an extra set of rims for winter tires.

What do you guys recommend for tires to run in snow and ice? This will be mainly a highway vehicle and dont really anticipate any off roading. It currently has goodyear wranglers on it now that are in great shape. Would these be ok to run, or is there something better?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say snow and ice are you talking about deep packed snow and ice, fresh snow, 1-2" or 1-2'. Are they maintained(scraped & salted) or are they unmaintained?

I have heard people with excellent results year round with the Dayton Timberline AT from those in the snow belt of the midwest.

But what do I know about driving in snow, the only white stuff I drive in is sand :D

JRJ04

Reaction score
when you say snow and ice are you talking about deep packed snow and ice, fresh snow, 1-2" or 1-2'. Are they maintained(scraped & salted) or are they unmaintained?

I have heard people with excellent results year round with the Dayton Timberline AT from those in the snow belt of the midwest.

But what do I know about driving in snow, the only white stuff I drive in is sand :D

Yea all i drive in is sand too...and by tires work well for that...

These roads will be maintained, mostly hwy so I dont think we are talking any serious off-roading here at all. I just want something that will stick to the road and keep the car in control around curves.

Any other suggestions? I know you guys up in the north must have something...

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I had some Cooper Discoverers on an F-150 and they were great. Worked really well on compact snow and ice. My BFG AT KOs are great on the SD as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14