Wintron XC30 for B100?

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
I am going to contact them and see if they will pony up for real world testing.
But here is the fine print.....
HDWVO - Waste vegetable oil is warmed and then cooled to approx 5°C. Hydrogenated fats e.g. tallows, palmitics, semi-solid / saturated fats which settle are not used as their esters have poor cold flow properties and can start to crystallise at significantly higher temperatures (~ +15°C)

So they are syaing they heat the BD then cool it and remove the heavy stuff and test whats left. Heck, pure new canola converted to BD will go down to 27 deg f (as tested by myself)

Understand that tallow is from animal fats not plant vegetables but in WVO tallow can be present from fyring the food or putting grill scrapings in our WVO that we collect.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
rickh said:
So they are syaing they heat the BD then cool it and remove the heavy stuff and test whats left. Heck, pure new canola converted to BD will go down to 27 deg f (as tested by myself)

Understand that tallow is from animal fats not plant vegetables but in WVO tallow can be present from fyring the food or putting grill scrapings in our WVO that we collect.

But Rick, not many of us have the luxury of getting 100% canola. The commercial B100 that I purchase is from virgin unsaturated soy so as the link suggests, it should work.

http://www.celticpower.ca/page18.html

Last edited:

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Yea I wish the Canola source was mine just did it for a friend. I was so stuned when we pulled it out if the freezer and it read 27 deg f and it was still nice and clear!! HOLY COW! makes me want to till the back yard up and plant rape seed!

Well I sent him an Email, well see what he says...
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Still nothing new here. Seems the rep has fallen off the face of the earth, or maybe not. I am waiting 5 days now to hear back from him. No free samples but he did not tell me how to order it. I really want to try it out!
Rick H...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58