wipers?

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
take the covers off the column.there are 2 torx i believe they are T15 or T20 that hold the assembly to the column.then there are a bunch of torx screws that hold the switch together.

Thanks rich how you been? still riding quads? getting time to break the sled out.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ive been better.havent been on the quad since july i think.but gettin ready to fire it up again this week.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
anybody have any idea why my wipers go TOO far in each direction? They hit the aluminium strips on the top and the side of the windshield. is there something that can wear out in the linkages for the wiper system or what do you guys think.

I have been thinking about this for a few days now and am wondering if the previous owner may have installed the wrong wiper motor or part of the linkage. The motor just goes around and around so the only way to go too far is by changing out something such as the motor or linkage or so I think...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .03, but I'd see if:

1. The Wiper blade Arms are too long. (wrong ones)

2. The arms are installed to high on the pivot point. Should be about 1 or 2" off the bottom of the windshield when they're Off.

3. The Blades are to long. (wrong ones)

Or a combination of all 3. If it's not to late, try replacing the Arms & Blades with the proper OEM sets, adjusted properly (?) before you go into the switch/motor & linkage.

:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58