wipers?

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
My 92 F350 has a problem with the wipers and I'am pretty certain it is in the rotating control on the steering column. out of all of the delay settings there is only one that works correctly, I would say the one that has about a 3 second delay. the rest work the one time that they are selected and then I have to either select another setting or tap the switch/arm to get them to come on again. has anyone ever had this problem or have any ideas or resourses on disassembly for this switch or do I just replace the whole thing? also anybody have any idea why my wipers go TOO far in each direction? They hit the aluminium strips on the top and the side of the windshield. is there something that can wear out in the linkages for the wiper system or what do you guys think, somebody has to have ran into this I hope, thanks guys and long time no chat.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
2005 Duramax :dunno What have you went and done??

Wipers sound like a switch problem to me..

Yep I know crumm the stroker was getting alot of miles on it and was starting to cost me alot of money, so right now I'am looking for an 97' F350 reg cab, auto/man with less then 75 k on it. I know that might be hard to find but I have found some with 85k or so which would be fine. but I don't want the F250 frontend again.But I loved that pickup and want another one.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
its the multi function switch on the column.sometimes you can take it apart and find a broken wire going from the switch to the base.thats what was wrong with every one that had that problem

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I been missing you guys too keven and rich. (still remembered the names) the guys at diesel place aren't near as friendly, in a kinda snooty look down their noses way. I make sure and stop by here more often. so how do you get that lever apart?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
so how do you get that lever apart?

take the covers off the column.there are 2 torx i believe they are T15 or T20 that hold the assembly to the column.then there are a bunch of torx screws that hold the switch together.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
If your wipers are hitting the aluminum they may be too long. I believe mine are 16 or 18 inches, I can't remember. Otherwise if you had your windshield replaced they may not have put the wipers back in the right place. You can adjust them by releasing the clip and re-setting the location.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
If your wipers are hitting the aluminum they may be too long. I believe mine are 16 or 18 inches, I can't remember. Otherwise if you had your windshield replaced they may not have put the wipers back in the right place. You can adjust them by releasing the clip and re-setting the location.

Thankyou I will try that when it quits raining. don't remember if we have met, Names lee.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58