Wire above CPS

alaska_psd

old fart
Reaction score
Hello
Need a little help here, working on a friends truck and we notice a wire that was not hooked up. It's in the same harness as the CPS wire, but it is right above the CPS. any idea what this wire and sensor is??? He has had a poor running condition for as while and now once we plug this in it runs great, is it by chance the EOT sensor???

Thanks Jim

Hey Crumm how you doing

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
sounds like it is for the exhaust back pressure sensor.it should plug into a sensor that is on a bracket that is bolted to or part of the cover for the HPOP gear bolt

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Not sure what wire it is you've got, but the EOT sensor is at the top, at the front of the engine by the HPOP.

Neal

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
alaska_psd said:
Hey Crumm how you doing
I am doing great and you?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Could you snap one of what wire and sensor you are talking about?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dieselpwrdredneck said:
Not sure what wire it is you've got, but the EOT sensor is at the top, at the front of the engine by the HPOP.

Neal

Neal the sensor on top of the HPOP res is the oil pressure sending unit. If memory serves me correctly the EOT sensor is on the back of the engine on the line feeding the turbo.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
BJS said:
Neal the sensor on top of the HPOP res is the oil pressure sending unit. If memory serves me correctly the EOT sensor is on the back of the engine on the line feeding the turbo.

This is from a Powerstroke service manual online:
http://www.nav-international.com.br/frame_master.asp?tipo=powerStroke&pg=manual_i/powerStroke/hs.asp

Engine Oil Temperature Sensor (EOT)

A thermistor type sensor which senses engine oil temperature. Located on back LH side of the high pressure reservoir. This sensor is used to provide engine temperature signal to the ECM which uses the information for fuel rate and timing adjustments.
(supposed to be a pic but i can't get it to resize right)

Figure 10.11
1. Injection Control Pressure Sensor
2. Engine Oil Temperature Sensor

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I found the wire he is talking about I think It is right next to the water pump, am I right? almost looks like it goes into the water jacket.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dieselpwrdredneck said:
This is from a Powerstroke service manual online:
http://www.nav-international.com.br/frame_master.asp?tipo=powerStroke&pg=manual_i/powerStroke/hs.asp

Engine Oil Temperature Sensor (EOT)

A thermistor type sensor which senses engine oil temperature. Located on back LH side of the high pressure reservoir. This sensor is used to provide engine temperature signal to the ECM which uses the information for fuel rate and timing adjustments.
(supposed to be a pic but i can't get it to resize right)

Figure 10.11
1. Injection Control Pressure Sensor
2. Engine Oil Temperature Sensor

We are both right just not describing exactly where things are specifically.

The Oil pressure sensor is ontop of the HPOP res and runs a single wire to it the EOT is on the back side of the HPOP res you can see the EOT here pretty much beside the ICP(blue plug) in This picture The Oil Pressure sending unit is the tan gizmo that's ontop of the HPOP that is barely in the picture I've attached the picture with things llabeled. The EBPV label is the EBP sensor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58