Help Needed Wire Location Help Needed

Reaction score
As per the instructions I have pasted below - I need to locate a wire coming off the ignition switch to complete the installation of my battery separator. Does anybody know which wire I need to tap into or have a diagram? I assume I should be able to find it in the bundle at the base of the steering column. If it can be located in the engine compartment - the better.

Instructions:
Auxiliary Start Connection. Connect a #14 gauge wire from the start position of the ignition switch to the Start terminal of the Battery Separator. Make this connection at the ignition switch. This wire should only have voltage when the ignition switch is in the start position. Note: The start signal must be able to produce at least 3V in order to provide automatic boost.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
man, I hate to tell you to tap into the S wire off the starter, but that's about the only thing I can think of that's "hot in start"

unless you can find a "hot in start" in one of the fuseblocks/power distribution centers

Reaction score
man, I hate to tell you to tap into the S wire off the starter, but that's about the only thing I can think of that's "hot in start"

unless you can find a "hot in start" in one of the fuseblocks/power distribution centers

Yeah - thought about that also - would be the last resort thing I guess. I would trace it up though to make a connection.

Thanks,

Ron

Reaction score
are you adding a third battery?

Actually I added two batteries for a total of four. That set up is not new. The bi-directional separator is though. Once I get this wire connected the unit will measure the battery voltage in the main bank against the secondary bank. If the main is too low then it will open the connection the secondary bank. Basically giving myself a jump start without opening the hood.

:sweet

Ron

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked it out that is pretty cool the 3v minimum is nice also I had a reg solenoid hooked up to mimic this a while ago but if the main bat was too low the solenoid wouldn't actuate .. how much was it?

Reaction score
I checked it out that is pretty cool the 3v minimum is nice also I had a reg solenoid hooked up to mimic this a while ago but if the main bat was too low the solenoid wouldn't actuate .. how much was it?

My old system a few years ago was a solenoid and relays with a switch in the cab to bring the second set online. Problem was I kept burning up solenoids as I couldn't find a good 200 amp unit with a constant on.

Anyway - CLICK HERE - for the website that I got mine from.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58