Wiring harness FIX for the UVC pigtails that burn!!!

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all !!!
I have PM'd Joat this info but thought it would be good to get out to everyone!!!

I am really excited; I think I hit gold at the local Ford dealer today!!!
I found a pigtail for the OBS style truck wiring harness that goes into the UVC gasket. This pigtail is complete with the pins, waterproof gasket, and wires.
All that’s needed it to cut off the burnt connector and solder and heat shrink the connections.
Sure beats purchasing a new wiring harness for over $500 bucks.

The part number is:99288
The descriptions is: GLOW PLUG PASS THROUGH PIGTAIL
Another part # in small print (maybe ford’s) SW#F4TZ-12A342-A
Manufacture: Performance Specialties

PRICE….. $16.91 per pigtail

I have tried to Google the information above, but didn't come up with anything of value... Maybe someone else will and post...

RoReRi

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Valve Cover Harness Repair Kits (contains 4 hard shells w/seals, w/o terminals)
  • (Ford) F7TZ-14489-BA (94-96)
  • (Ford) F7TZ-14489-AA (97)
  • (International) 1830829C91 removal tool and Shells w/o pins
  • (International) 1661875C1 Pins
  • (International) 2501055C1 Pins with 6" wire

I wonder if that is the same as the IH part I have in bold here?

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I have one of those in my hand... It is nothing but a white wire about 6 inches long with a connector "pin" on one end.

The part I've just found is a 3rd party part and has the same color wires as our engine's wiring harness. Maybe I'll try to take a picture of it and post it...
Lets see if I can learn how to post a picture...

RoReRi

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of the plug...

Here is a picture of the plug and the part number on the bag.
I hope someone is able to find out where these are manufactured. I got them from my local Ford Dealership.
I went in there first looking for the little tool that you use to extract the pins from the plug. International has a "kit" that has four shells and a tool, but the local International place didn't have them in stock. So I went to the dealership looking to get taken to the cleaners and I was pleasantly surprised:sweet :sweet

RoReRi

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent find! I'll add it to my personal parts list (much the same as JOAT's) which came from Dieselmann and Swamp (and some others). Thanks & Cheers!

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
I can't seem to find these anywhere. i gave the dealership the ford number and they pulled up a glow plug.

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find these anywhere. i gave the dealership the ford number and they pulled up a glow plug.

You can try this one of two ways,

Call Jason @ 800-992-3938 and ask him for the part number above or tell him what your problem is and he can go right to the bin without a part number :cool:

Send him email at [email protected], but I don't know about the rest of you but I like to at least talk to the person I'm getting ready to hand over my money to!!

Good luck!!!
RoReRi

Last edited:

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this harness for?? And where is it located?

The pigtail that this replaces is part of the Truck's wiring harness. You will have to cut off the original pigtail and splice this one to the Truck's wiring harness.

There are four locations for this fix. Two on each valve cover gasket, facing towards the center of the engine.

Hope I haven't confused you with the location, but maybe someone has a picture that they could provide a link to...:thumbs

RoReRi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58