Question Wiring LED's to strobe

Veece

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I'm running full LED's in my truck, and I am looking to use the turn signal wiring loop for a connection in to these LED's. I have a simple alternating LED stobeing module with left and right division. Question is were can I find the wires for the turn signals basically at he beginning. I could connect all 4 points with long wires running to the module. But I'd rather find the origin preferably in the cab, or at the fuse box if I have to. Just looking for insight if any on has some. FYI, I'm doing this on the '08 tow truck, and I have nice front, rear and side mirror LED's that I would like to strobe rather than installing hide a strobes all over, this is way cheaper! I've tried searching for a wiring diagram, but no luck, seems not many people need theses wires at their source. Thanks for any wisdom!:sly

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I would suggest you keep it simple. Use the nearest turn signal source for your LED's. They don't pull any current to speak of.

I tied into the L&R turn signal wires on my trailer tow plug at the rear. You could also tie into the light wires. On the front tie into the L&R turn signal lights.

On top I located the L&R turn signal wires under the steering column. That was a PIA. Sorry I can't help you with wire colors on your truck.

Blinking Side Marker Lights

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58