Wiring

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
So i am looking at doing some wiring on my XcursI and need some assistance in finding which wires are which comming out of the column.

Can anyone tell me specifically which wire coming out of the column is the HORN? the START?

I am planning on puting in a set of train air horns and would like to wire in a 3 position switch in order to switch between the stock horn and the air horn as apposed to installing a whole new circuit and buttton.

I am also planning on modifying the START function of the thruch wherein i would like to rewire the START from the key to a hidden push button with hidden kill switch (just for peice of mind).

TIA

Reaction score
Vinni said:
So i am looking at doing some wiring on my XcursI and need some assistance in finding which wires are which comming out of the column.

Can anyone tell me specifically which wire coming out of the column is the HORN? the START?

I am planning on puting in a set of train air horns and would like to wire in a 3 position switch in order to switch between the stock horn and the air horn as apposed to installing a whole new circuit and buttton.

I am also planning on modifying the START function of the thruch wherein i would like to rewire the START from the key to a hidden push button with hidden kill switch (just for peice of mind).

TIA

I'm not positive about your wire colors at the moment - but for that third part for the kill switch:

Click Here For Cyclops

The Cyclops will save you a bunch of time and worry - You can get a push button key chain and/or a cig adapter . . . or like me - I wired the cig adapter to a switch already on the truck. Works like a champ. Takes like 45 seconds to install for a normal installation. Depending on what relay it will either just crank when the key is turned - or like mine - will do nothing - not even a click :sweet

One of the best items I ever bought for the truck - and it's easy to remove if you need to take the truck in for service, etc etc.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg