wmo

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did a search on wmo and waste motor oil and found nothin. the question. can you run wmo in a modern diesel? like the power stroke (7.3 & 6.0) or d-max? i've read about in idi forum's but could'nt find it for a psd. ???

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The IDI guys love doing this for several reasons. Lubricity for their IP pumps, an easy way to get rid of waste oil, its paid for so why not burn it etc etc.....

Now for the PSD (or any high pressure injections system) I think we can get away with it, but it needs to be clean clean clean. I dont know if I could actually burn all my WMO between changes. I would be leary of putting much more than a quart in a full tank. Will be interesting to see/hear others take on this subject. Good topic!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
emissions wise its a bad idea
even if you filter it through a 1 micron run, its still full of unburnt fuel, crud and additives, these additives are not designed to be burnt in a engine and produce bad stuff out the tailpipe, not smoke, but things we cant see like NOX, and sulphur dioxide,
I would shy away from burning it, let it get recycled and used again as a motor oil

you do know that Recycled motor oil has to meet the same specs and designations that new virgin oil does to be sold as motor oil , the oil itslef doesnt wear out, its the additives package that gets used up

so it gets filtered and re-additive-ized (new word) and sold as recycled, but its just as good as virgin oil.

and one more tree hugging thought
in most states if a retailer sells you oil...... they must take it back to be recyled.... free of charge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58