Question won't start -- which battery do I use to jumpstart?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu

Cleaning up the Battery posts & clamps will many times.. fix... a No Start problem.

OBTW.. WELCOME TO SDD.COM

nativedave

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
After it rained heavily yesterday I noticed the truck was trying to turn over without keys in ignition. I got in and immediately started it (w/keys). I let it run a couple minutes and when I tried restarting it was completely dead.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
After it rained heavily yesterday I noticed the truck was trying to turn over without keys in ignition. LOL You might have a ghost! Just kidin! That sounds strange others will chime in. Welcome.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After it rained heavily yesterday I noticed the truck was trying to turn over without keys in ignition. I got in and immediately started it (w/keys). I let it run a couple minutes and when I tried restarting it was completely dead.

WOW.. musta been a heckofa rain. Ya might wana let everything dry out real good. Sounds like things that arent supposed get soaked, got soaked ? Maybe even a little heat ? Like a hair dryer/heat gun. :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I tell if the starter is out? It may have been tryin g to start for a while.

Yer call but Everything needs to dry out real good before trouble shooting anything, in my .02's worth.

Maybe some of the other SDD members will chime in ??

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once everything is dried out really well make sure all your connections at the batteries, solenoid and starter are clean and tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14