wont start

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the past week my truck has been really rough starting or not starting at all. a friend of mine and i figure its the glow plugs. u can smell fuel when u turn the truck over and it turns over no problem. it wants to fire but wont. i have plugged it in and it doesnt help out the problem. i have forgotten to plug my truck in before at temperatures around -30 celcius or 0 ferenheit and has started but now at -10 Celcius or 20 ferenheit it wont fire up. im curious if anyone has had this problem and what the problem was diaganosed as. also we took a look to see where the glow plugs are and they are pretty hidden by different thinkgs on top of the motor. i own a 2003 7.3L Super duty and was also curious how hard it would be for me to change the plugs myself, or should i save the headache and bring it in somewhere. thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the past week my truck has been really rough starting or not starting at all. a friend of mine and i figure its the glow plugs. u can smell fuel when u turn the truck over and it turns over no problem. it wants to fire but wont. i have plugged it in and it doesnt help out the problem. i have forgotten to plug my truck in before at temperatures around -30 celcius or 0 ferenheit and has started but now at -10 Celcius or 20 ferenheit it wont fire up. im curious if anyone has had this problem and what the problem was diaganosed as. also we took a look to see where the glow plugs are and they are pretty hidden by different thinkgs on top of the motor. i own a 2003 7.3L Super duty and was also curious how hard it would be for me to change the plugs myself, or should i save the headache and bring it in somewhere. thanks

Does yer Wait To Start light work ?

Have you checked yer Glow Plug Relay ?

Are yer Batteries in good condition ?

Are the Batt cables and connections good and clean ?

Last edited:

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the batteries were both brand new in september the connections are good and clean and ya the light comes on for the waiting period for the plugs. once u turn the key to illuminate the wait light after about 2 seconds there is a noise that i dont recognize and then about 3 seconds after that the light goes out. but i didint think to check the glow plug relay where abouts is the relay for them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58