wont start.

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
2001 F350. i went out last night to go plug in my block heater (first winter ive had my truck) and when i pull the cord out from behind the bumper the plug end has been cut off!!! well it wasnt supposed to be TOO cold last night but this morning my truck wont start, i let the glow plugs warm up a few times between attempts to start and it wont turn over. i stopped before i killed the battery.

soo...

what do i need to jump start a truck that uses 2 batteries lol

and from what i can tell the wires for the heater are not labaled +/- so how would i go about putting a new plug end on?

edit: after pulling back more of the wire loom i see "green wire for ground only" then about an inch over "nuetral conductor" its 3 wires parallel in one housing; black green black. i would assume that the one black wire in the side of the houseing marked "nuetral conductor" is just that, green is ground and the other is posative. IF im wrong will it damage anything to be wired up backwards?

THANKS!

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No you won't do any damage by getting the white and black wires crossed. HOOK UP THE GROUND WIRE to the ground pin of the plug. The black goes to the gold pin and the white wire goes to the silver pin.

Dave

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
i have 2 black wires.....?

but either way it doesnt matter as long as the ground is right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg