WOOHOO--Finally got a new computer!

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday Maggie and I went down to Boulder, CO and bought a new 15.4" MacBook Pro and I couldn't be happier with it. Going from my 6 y/o P4/1.5Ghz single-core Dell POS to a 2.2Ghz Core2Duo is a ginormous (now that it's in the new Oxford Dictionary I don't mind using that word) step and now that I have all my music/movies/pictures transferred over, I'm ready to give the old PC the heave-ho. The last Mac I used was a IIGS in 3rd grade (1985 or so) but OS X is so intuitive to use that within one day of switching from XP Pro to OS X, I'm already feeling pretty comfortable but it'll probably take another couple of days before I'm as smooth with OS X as I was with XP and that's no big deal if it means I don't have to deal with Windows anymore. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will get it very fast. Took me a week and I had never seen a MAC up close. ow I almost don't use the clone PC.

Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Sweet! I'm looking into building a new AMD blade here in the next couple weeks:thumbs

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
JV, OS X is sooo sweet, took me all of 3 days to get real comfy with it, now when I am forced to use a windoze machine I cringe :eek:

And the mac has the best screen bar none :photo

Enjoy it

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found another great thing about having switched to Mac--now my iPod works again. It worked for a while with my Dell, but when the PC started getting wonky, the iPod quit working but after I reformatted/sync'ed it with my iTunes library on the MBP it works like a champ. It's nice driving around with >4,000 songs on the iPod hooked into my truck's stereo vs. shuffling through a stack of CD's. :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and for us UNIX geeks lets not forget the base that OS X is built on :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58