Work Toppers

seawolf 1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I purchased my F-250 for the sole purpose of using it as a service truck. I work in the air conditioning field and have worked out of vans. open bed trucks and most recently with a work topper. The only difference between a work topper and a normal one is a ladder rack and shelves on the side doors. I was wondering if any of yall have similiar toppers or setups you are using and if you would recommend one over another. I am currently using a Leer and do like it but imagine there is something better out there.

Batcycle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the ARE work cap you see in my picture. I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't seal at the back window and tailgate. Just looking at it you can see the gaps. My old cap had a recessed frame for the tailgate window and it sealed nicely, this one doesn't. I've talked to a few guys with the same cap and they all have the same problem. How's the Leer?

seawolf 1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I actually am not unhappy with it just looking for more options. Mine is the kind that you remove the tailgate and it has a double door in the back.

Batcycle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do you get any water in the bed with that setup? How about the side boxes?

seawolf 1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No I dont get rain in the box but I do get condensation during certain times of the year. Seems like during the winter I get it often. But I live in a high humidity area too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14