Work

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I would share with you guys why I am not around as much anymore. Attached are some pictures of my trailer being loaded by "logs" (cars and light iron baled together) The last picture is a straight load of light iron being unloaded.

The trailer is a 90 yard ejector trailer, we also have a 100 yard ejector and a car trailer that my brother hauls with.
IMG00006-20100429-1103.jpg

IMG00009-20100429-1107.jpg

IMG00295-20100216-1043.jpg

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been busy every day, 3 loads a day. My father had been running the same route since the early 90's. The car work we do has been ours since the late 80's. I just took over for my father in October '09, I retired from the Army and he "semi retired" from trucking. He runs the 100 yarder with the old the Ford 9000 tractor when there is to much work (if there is any such thing as that)

We have gone a week or so with no work when a major price jump was anticipated but overall very steady.

By the way, when that load was done I scaled out at 107,000!! :eek::eek:

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, does your family run the the whole operation ? Or just the Hauling end ?

Looks like interesting work.. in these days of Re-cycling everything.

Joe

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just do the hauling for them. Actually haul for a few small yards but run dedicated for two large yards.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just do the hauling for them. Actually haul for a few small yards but run dedicated for two large yards.

;tu The reason I asked.. A friend works at the local "Transfer Facility", where Everything goes, for separation and distribution to the various waste stream recyclers. He took a bunch of us on a tour of the operation, It was AMAZING to us how much of what we all call "Garbage/Trash/Junk and Scrap" is separated for recycling.. Beyond how we separate it at the Home level. Ya see it on TV, but to see it in person was was quite an experience. Very, Very Interesting.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are u hauling out of, Johnston? Our cars go to the shredder in Boston

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Around here that load would get ya a big fine. Cops sit around and wait by places like that and check weights. Looks like a heavy load for a tandem axle truck and trailer. Do you have to have over weight permits? State laws are different too I guess.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around here that load would get ya a big fine. Cops sit around and wait by places like that and check weights. Looks like a heavy load for a tandem axle truck and trailer. Do you have to have over weight permits? State laws are different too I guess.

Oh yeah that would be a huge fine or silver bracelets here as well! I have overweight permits but not that high. When I pulled that one I knew none of the weigh stations were open but I also double checked on the way down to deliver. Don't take chances like that very often, usually stay below 99,000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58