Worst Luck Ever!!

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after getting my passenger UVC fixed yesterday I thought today would be great considering I my new tires just came in today. Well on the way to get those nice new tires installed my truck started running like crap; I figured that the clip had come loose again so I limped it into a bus stop parking lot and went to work. Found a good tight connection on the passenger side UVC clip, ends up it was the drivers side. Who on earth is unlucky enough to have two loose UVC connections within a few days?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Like headlights,when one goes out the other is bound to follow sometime. When you going to tackle the driver side?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I worked on the drivers side tonight in the dark, thankfully my dad was there to hold a light for me.
Right on dad for helping out last night!

OK, what does UVC mean or what are they?

I cant think of anything and just simply dont know.

UVC is short for "Under Valve Cover" which is spoken regularly with the 7.3L crowd when it comes to the UVC harness ;tu

Never hurts to ask anytime!:cool:

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, what does UVC mean or what are they?

I cant think of anything and just simply dont know.

The UVC harness is the wiring harness under your valve cover that hooks up to your injectors and gp's. Theres a central connector in the middle of the head that hooks to the computer through the valve cover; that connecter seems to enjoy coming loose causing your truck to run like a complete turd.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems I was premature in saying I fixed the problem last night. I just went out to goto work and she's dead again. If I give it a LONG wts time and extend the cranking it will fire up, blow smoke (white sometimes, black the other), rev to about 1k, then die. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems I was premature in saying I fixed the problem last night. I just went out to goto work and she's dead again. If I give it a LONG wts time and extend the cranking it will fire up, blow smoke (white sometimes, black the other), rev to about 1k, then die. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!

Oh boy does that sound familiar circa last january for me.

Freebie for you.

Check the oil level in the HPOP resevoir. Pull the plug out of the top and the oil should be about 1" - 1-1/2" from the top. No oil it won't run.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid questions I know but; where is the HPOP located, what would cause it to become low, and how do I prevent it from happening again?
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg