Worst Stuck......

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Share your stuck pics and stories. This could be interesting-popcorn -popcorn

-My most embarrisng- I got ran off the road by a school bus on a one lane road with three feet of snow on both sides....... the school bus pulled me out:doh: :doh:

Neal

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
That would have to be in High School when i pulled my 2wd ranger off to the side of an abandoned grange building for some hanky-panky with an old girlfriend. Got stuck on the lawn of the grange. I could not get out, even after i tried pushing with her driving.

The next door neighbor to the grange pulled into his driveway as all this was happening. I walked over to see if he would help (embarassed as all get-out because it was obvious what we had been up to) and the dirty SOB stuck a 9mm in my face and told me he was calling the cops. He was one of those guys that owned 5 acres with a wall all around them and a big wrought iron gate across the driveway. You know the type. Hates everyone that isn't him. I guess it made him nervous that I walked up on him after dark, but i made myself known while I was still a long way off (he was out of his truck shutting the gate behind him) and he did nothing until i got up close, so you know he was just itching for a chance to be a jerk.

Well, as you can imagine, I wasn't looking forward to the cops showing up. I was goign through the list of all the charges...

1.) Trespass
2.) Destruction of property (I had torn up a little bit of grass trying to get out) and even though the property was not being used, you can bet I was thinking that they were going to throw the book at me.

To top that off, I know that as soon as they show, the only way i'm getting out is with a wrecker, so that is a $250 bill (money is tight when you're in High School) and on top of that, I had no illusions that they weren't going to call the GF's Dad and tell her what we'd been up to. So I was looking at getting HER in trouble, too, on top of having one PO'ed hombre on MY back in the form of a Daddy who just found out his little angel isn't quite as innocent as he'd originally thought. I didn't want her to get in trouble, that was the one thing that stuck with me as i was walking back tot he truck to the sound of Dudley Dorkhead behind me calling the 5-O on his cell phone to report a "prowler" of all things... -mad

Anyhow, as i'm walking back, yellow lights start flashing at me from the road behind me. I shook my head, thinking "there's no WAY the wrecker has showed already!" and turned to see a beat up old white chevy work truck pulling up to me. Out pops the head of the coolest guy in the world, a man who's name i never knew, and couldn't recognize if i ever met him again because it was so dark. He'd driven by earlier, and seen my taillights as I was trying to get unstuck, and had gone home, gotten his work truck, and come back to help. I told him the police were probably on the way, and he said "we'd better hurry the hell up, then, huh?"

He had me pulled out in three shakes of a lambs tail, and refused to take the $20 I offered him (it was all I had). He told me to quit screwing around and get going before the police showed up, so I did and we parted ways. Never got to thank the man properly. Hope he's reading this....

Drove back by about 5 minutes later, Dudley Dorkhead was standing in the Grange lot with a County Mounty, pointing, waving his fists, gesturing, all animated and the like. He was obviously telling the cop how I'd attempted to rape his wife, assaulted him, stole his truck, and probably broke the automatic gate opener on his big, stupid gate. I laughed as I drove past.

So, I didn't go to jail with a big tow bill, Daddy never got the wiser, and I met a total stranger that changed my outlook towards helping others forever.

Embarrassing? Hell yes!

Would I give up the experience? Hell no!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
My son was about 10 when went out to the property for a weekend of work. Toward the end of the day we took the tractor down to the bottoms to cut some firewood and drag it up. I checked the ground before we drove down and it felt solid..........NOT!!!

The top two inches was rock hard until you broke through where the high ground water level made the dirt the consitancy of quicksand. Tractor tires broke though and I buried it up to the axles.

No prob I went and got the truck to pull it out. Hooked up, started pulling and buried the truck to the axles. CRAP!!! -mad

Worked for half an hour trying to pull it out with no luck. It was starting to get dark so I decided to go to a neighbors house and call the wife to tell her we were spending the night.

The neighbor being a good ol redneck said hey.........I can pull you out. Let me get the truck. :cool:

We drive down to the bottoms and hook up to my truck start pulling........ and buried his truck to the axles. WTF!!! -mad

Spent the next two hours trying to come-a-long his truck out of the hole with no luck. Gave up a 11:00pm and went to bed.

The next day we went back down with half a dozen long 2x12's and winched his truck up on them moving them as he drove off one and onto the next one.

Did the same with my truck.

The tractor was a different matter......it was too heavy and deeply buried for the come-a-long we had and we were totally gassed at this point. Told the guy I would pay him $100.00 if he went back the next day and extracted it by whatever means. Don't know how he did it but he got it out.

Tbar

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
JLDickmon said:
does a '65 IHC Scout on it's roof count as stuck?
Rolled it over 4-wheeling...
never drive ACROSS a grade, you can't tell if it changes pitch or not. This one did. A lot.

Anyway, thing rolls down the hill in slow motion... side... roof... side... wheels... side... roof... side...

untill it comes to rest on it's top, cast up against a tree...

After a looooooong walk home, we get it's twin... some chains, ropes, cables, and anything else we think we can tow with... flip it back on it's wheels...

"OK, how do we tow it home now?"
"Try to start it... drive it home."

Rump- rump-rump chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga, thing coughs and sputters to life, belching up a HUGE cloud of blue smoke...

drove it home hanging out the door...

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my 74 IH pickup stuck in the middle of the road, hit a snow drift that was 6 feet in the middle and 60 feet long, had to climb out the window. started digging, got to the hood, got to the bumper, got to the tires, finally got to the ground about a foot below the tires. wasn't going anywhere. to top that, sometime the next day, the plows went around it and buried it. couldn't see it as you drove up. took six hours with a snowblower in the middle of the highway, and a semi wrecker to pull it out!

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
That would have to be in High School when i pulled my 2wd ranger off to the side of an abandoned grange building for some hanky-panky with an old girlfriend. Got stuck on the lawn of the grange. I could not get out, even after i tried pushing with her driving.

The next door neighbor to the grange pulled into his driveway as all this was happening. I walked over to see if he would help (embarassed as all get-out because it was obvious what we had been up to) and the dirty SOB stuck a 9mm in my face and told me he was calling the cops. He was one of those guys that owned 5 acres with a wall all around them and a big wrought iron gate across the driveway. You know the type. Hates everyone that isn't him. I guess it made him nervous that I walked up on him after dark, but i made myself known while I was still a long way off (he was out of his truck shutting the gate behind him) and he did nothing until i got up close, so you know he was just itching for a chance to be a jerk.

Well, as you can imagine, I wasn't looking forward to the cops showing up. I was goign through the list of all the charges...

1.) Trespass
2.) Destruction of property (I had torn up a little bit of grass trying to get out) and even though the property was not being used, you can bet I was thinking that they were going to throw the book at me.

To top that off, I know that as soon as they show, the only way i'm getting out is with a wrecker, so that is a $250 bill (money is tight when you're in High School) and on top of that, I had no illusions that they weren't going to call the GF's Dad and tell her what we'd been up to. So I was looking at getting HER in trouble, too, on top of having one PO'ed hombre on MY back in the form of a Daddy who just found out his little angel isn't quite as innocent as he'd originally thought. I didn't want her to get in trouble, that was the one thing that stuck with me as i was walking back tot he truck to the sound of Dudley Dorkhead behind me calling the 5-O on his cell phone to report a "prowler" of all things... -mad

Anyhow, as i'm walking back, yellow lights start flashing at me from the road behind me. I shook my head, thinking "there's no WAY the wrecker has showed already!" and turned to see a beat up old white chevy work truck pulling up to me. Out pops the head of the coolest guy in the world, a man who's name i never knew, and couldn't recognize if i ever met him again because it was so dark. He'd driven by earlier, and seen my taillights as I was trying to get unstuck, and had gone home, gotten his work truck, and come back to help. I told him the police were probably on the way, and he said "we'd better hurry the hell up, then, huh?"

He had me pulled out in three shakes of a lambs tail, and refused to take the $20 I offered him (it was all I had). He told me to quit screwing around and get going before the police showed up, so I did and we parted ways. Never got to thank the man properly. Hope he's reading this....

Drove back by about 5 minutes later, Dudley Dorkhead was standing in the Grange lot with a County Mounty, pointing, waving his fists, gesturing, all animated and the like. He was obviously telling the cop how I'd attempted to rape his wife, assaulted him, stole his truck, and probably broke the automatic gate opener on his big, stupid gate. I laughed as I drove past.

So, I didn't go to jail with a big tow bill, Daddy never got the wiser, and I met a total stranger that changed my outlook towards helping others forever.

Embarrassing? Hell yes!

Would I give up the experience? Hell no!

Good story :thumbs
I thought it was going to end the way you had thought as I was reading, Police pulling up and the book thrown at you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14