WOW 2.999 Diesel

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
You know I thought we were a by-product of gasoline, I am wrong or is Gasoline a by-product of diesel?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I filled up this morning at $2.99 / gallon. I came back through town later in the day and the price dropped to $2.94 / gallon. Damn!:cussing:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
$2.78 in parts of Dallas now:D

maybe I'll get some bio from Bill after helping blow a hole in some bio making barrels

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Smart A$$ lol

I miss driving my truck, instead i get a rental explorer, wait I am in one of those oil countries, let me check the price. gimmie a day or two

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
SDEric said:
You know I thought we were a by-product of gasoline, I am wrong or is Gasoline a by-product of diesel?
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1-barrel contains 42 gallons crude oil[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Total product volume is 2.2 gallons greater due to “processing gain”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What a Barrel of Crude Oil Makes[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Product[/FONT] and [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gallons per Barrel[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gasoline [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]= 19.2

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Distillate fuel oil*[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 9.2

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Kerosene-type jet fuel[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 4.1

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Residual fuel oil**[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 2.3

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Liquefied refinery gases[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 1.9

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Still gas[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 1.9

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Coke[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 1.8

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Asphalt & road oil[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 1.3

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Petrochemical feedstocks[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = 1.2

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Lubricants[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = . 05

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Kerosene[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]= . 02

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Other[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] = . 03

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Includes both home heating oil & diesel fuel[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]**Heavy oils used as fuels in industry, marine transportation & electric power generation
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
These figures are a few years old and of course those numbers are directly dependent on the quality of the incoming crude.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But you can see that a 42 gal bbl of oil puts out nearly 19 gallons of gasoline and only 9 gallons of diesel distallates, which comprises both road fuel and home heating oil.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
And diesel isnt a "by-product" of gas in the sense that when you are making gas that some diesel just happens to run out the bottom of the distallation column, the diesel distallates need to be refined as well to remove all the nasties that EPA wont allow in our atmosphere.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Wow thanks, I haven't seen that in forever. YOu know, i just read somewhere that the emissions now are as bad, if notslightly worse then the emissions 30 years ago. How is that for technology.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
SDEric said:
Wow thanks, I haven't seen that in forever. YOu know, i just read somewhere that the emissions now are as bad, if notslightly worse then the emissions 30 years ago. How is that for technology.

thats probably because of more vehicles on the road, more flight travel etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14