Wrecked it.

bmfdt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! Well I havent posted around here too much but still love this site and all the tips and mods I get from here. Unfortunalty I just wrecked my 99 CC 4x4 Dually this morning. Started to hydroplane at the base of a bridge and the front slammed into the concrete barrier. Then the back slid around and got some barrier action too and in the process it took a chunk outta one of my rear fenders. When it stopped the rear was over the divider up to the rear axle and I had to use 4x4 to get it off. So far It looks like a ripped back bumper, new dually fender, one rim was torn, new grill, front bumper, and one fender are needed up front. Not bad for hitting it doing 70. Me myself I'm ok. Not the best way but looks like I'm getting that 05 conversion now. I got full coverage. Funny thing is the flatbed wrecker tried to put it on the bed and of course was too long. So he tried to use the T-bar and the hydraulics werent strong enough to pick up the back of the truck. All together he had to use the hydraulic T-bar with the winch hooked to the bar at the same time to get it high enough to move off the freeway. Also I needed a day off from work but that still wasnt the right way to get it. Wish me luck with the insurance comp.

Justin Q.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Justin,

Wow, sounds like a nasty crash, and you sound lucky to have walked away from it. Too bad the truck didnt fare as well. I'm just glad youre OK. Keep us posted on how the ins treats you and if you move into a new rig.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
good time to get some ranch hand replacement peices if you like that look.

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
70 mph crashes can complicate your life, not to mention the vehicle's.
Glad you both fared well.

Joe G

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
kenh said:
70 mph crashes can complicate your life, not to mention the vehicle's.
Glad you both fared well.

Just be glad you had your little collision in a PSD. If you'd have had it in a rice burner, we'd probably been placing lillies on your grave.

Joe

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Happy to hear you made it out okay cause any wreck at 70 MPH can be bad.

Sounds like the flatbed driver had a dinky 19' bed on a small Ford or Chevy chassis and not the standard 21' on an International chassis which is the size needed for dually crewcabs(especially long bedders) :D

We'll be watching for your swift return keep us posted :sweet

bmfdt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well no whiplash so far. I went and looked at it yesterday and the body shop owner in his opinion says it on the line of be totaled.But it hasnt been estimated yet. Since it is the weekend No one will get around to looking at it until at least Monday. So now I just gotta wait and see if it will be totaled or fixed.

Justin Q.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
375,000 miles?! you better hope it isnt totaled...might not get too much money for it

SUPERDUTYSPV

Ford Fan
Reaction score
Oh man!! That is a helluva crash!! I am glad that you walked away from it!! It IS a good thing that you had a 70 MPH crash in a SD!!!! You might not have survived in another vehicle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58