WTF was Ford thinking?

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
so I rewired my car trailer with all LEDs and added rev lights. I apparently "pinched" a wire in the process on one of the running lights. I blew the running light fuse under the dash, no big deal. I fix the pinch and replace the fuse. I go to start the truck and it's normal for about 1/2 sec then dies. I do this 3 times. I don't know diesels real well, but I know when a motor shuts down from no fuel or no spark. So I get out the manual and figure out witch fuses are "fuel related" and start checking them. The Fuel Pump Fuse under the dash was blown:eek: Why the heck is the towing circuit even remotely linked to a critical engine circuit? Or is something really weird going on here??

06 6.0 CC DRW 350 KR 4x4

Last edited by a moderator:

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Diesels don't have spark. :sorry
So there is either no air, or no fuel. Since you found the fuel pump fuse blown, it would not surprise me in the least if that stray voltage backfed through the ground and blew the fuse.

I had a similar problem a week ago. The dome light and the radio went tango uniform. I replaced the dome light fuse that was blown, and presto, the radio worked again. It seems that there are two or more hot lines to the radio, and ALL of them must be hot in order for the radio to work. Don't even get me started on the fuse locations that are outlined in the owner's manual. The manual bears little continuity with the actual purpose of each fuse. :confused:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it's not even that complicated.
A lot of fuses in either PDC are fed from a buss bar
a lot of buss bars are fuses at inane locations (like with other seemingly unrelated circuits)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58