WVO Carnage!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ran across this thread while in the TDI forums,he was doing something wrong or the engine was botched when he bought it:eek:

LINK

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Wow............what a mess. He was very fortunante to have found that engine and to have had some good people and vendors to help him in his time of need.

I understand what he is saying about the scoring and the damage to the piston but............

1) What happened to the brand new turbo?
2) Where did all the sludge come from?

Tbar

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tbar I understand your questions. I was wondering what to post. I have run WVO in my truck lots of times but never had the thought of something like this happening. The sludge is what kills me. Thought that WVO would burn cleaner and not leave such waste deposit behind.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMAZING --->

If WVO messed up your first turbo, then what messed up your second turbo? What damaged the blades on the new turbo so quick that needed replacing again? ........

It is suspected that oil ingested through the CCV is what damaged the new turbo. That excessive oil injestion was due to the extremely high crankcase pressures caused by the piston blowby. Oil droplets striking the turbine blades at full speed can wear away metal.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMAZING --->

If WVO messed up your first turbo, then what messed up your second turbo? What damaged the blades on the new turbo so quick that needed replacing again? ........

It is suspected that oil ingested through the CCV is what damaged the new turbo. That excessive oil injestion was due to the extremely high crankcase pressures caused by the piston blowby. Oil droplets striking the turbine blades at full speed can wear away metal.

That's yet another reason to be happy I did the CCV mod when my truck was only a month old.:thumbs

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
how exactly does running WVO damage the compressor wheel?!?!?!?! :notwork

The sludge on the intake valves.....EGR carbon + CCV oil = MUD on intake. i work on a lot of these VW/mercedes piles, and they will collect crud until the manifold is about half of its original inside volume. GROSS!

i still am baffled as to why he thinks his fuel selection caused his rear main seal to leak, or the foreign debris damage........he complained about WVO, and really he needs to clean out the rats nest in the air box, or perhaps properly install an air filter.

:oval :Diamond :oval :Diamond :oval :Diamond :turbo

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think he says the blow-by (caused by piston damage) is the cause
of the vane-chewing.

the fact that WVO <apparently> didnt have the lubrication qualities
REQUIRED were a contributing factor <and the beginning of the end>

dpantazis

Reaction score
umm, WVO has little to do with this. you mod your engine, reliability and durability get compromised. play the game and accept the consequences.

he has chipped his engine, put bigger injectors and modded the turbo so it overboosts. that and he has in IC that is 3x as big as the oem.

you think running the turbo 50-100% over the stock design, into a plenum that is 3x as big might have an impact on the turbo?

as far as the pistons and valves go, oil changes are suspect.

i bet this is the first car the guy modded. he didnt do enough research and got bit by poor maintenance.

dp

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that SLUDGE build up on the INTAKE valve has nothing to do w/
an oil change or the frequency of oil changes...

and he readily admits that he did some things wrong.....and ive said
this all along...and never seen any REAL data to prove other wise....

when you factor in the time * effort to obtain the wvo, electric, equipment
and chemicals (that obviously this guy forgot to add) it would be hard
to believe that you cost were LESS per gallon than you pay at the pump.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58