WVO slime coating my fuel bowl

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I just changed my fuel filter and I've got a slime of burnt WVO coating my fuel bowl. The slime has covered the whole inside of the fuel bowl. Anyone else notice this in the fuel bowls of their heated system? What's the best way to clean it out?

Last edited:

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
A case of Veggie Snot?
mmmmmmmm, veggie snot......

One of the advantages of the Fordnut74 type system, no mixing in the filter housing, so I don't have direct experience with this problem`:tounge

I think RoReRi may have had this problem before too, not sure. He's ran alot of WVO in the last few years, and I think he's had about every problem possible.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Dang Richard, I must have been dreaming about your problem last night. Woke up with images of veggie snot dancing in my head:(

Somewhere during REM it came to me that you have that electric heater inline as well. I wonder if the element is causing some of the crud you are seeing? Maybe try running without that for a while. Coolant heat should be plenty.

Also keep a sample of the stuff. Experiment with it. See what it's melting point is. Sputter test it for water.

I've heard Methanol is a great cleaner of veggie crud, but it's also great for causing nerve damage and blindness. Use full precautions and in a ventilated area if trying that.

Got any pics?

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
JOAT said:
Got any pics?

No digital camera :sorry I dosed my tank with KILLEM yesterday. Perhaps there was bacteria in my WVO? :dunno I fear a big buildup of the slime will cover the heater wire in the bottom of the bowl. Methanol, huh? I was hoping the solvency of B-100 would dissolve it but nope. So I will probably will have to clean it by hand and continually drain the bowl with the yellow lever until I'm satisfied. I still have 75 gal of the questionable oil. Once I've run that I'll clean the bowl. Don, I don't want you having WVO slime nightmares...go dream about solenoids. :roflmao

CHPMustang

Reaction score
(Richard) how many miles has passed since you last cracked the fuel bowl open for the filter change/inspection?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Dennis how many miles has passed since you last cracked the fuel bowl open for the filter change/inspection?

Dennis? :dunno ... :D
dennis-the-menace.jpg

7,000 miles

CHPMustang

Reaction score
My bad:doh: :nutkick: :roflmao

Richard!!

I think I might have 3,600 on the current filter,I may give it a gander as well.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
dpantazis said:
bill- are you getting me cornfused with richard?
Both Richard and yourself are very helpful with my WVO project that I do admit to getting ya'll mixed up from time to time,therefor I apologize:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58