Zero copper in SVO system

Front tank - plastic
hose barbs - brass
in tank Hot Fox - stainless steel
Vormax filter - aluminum
Hot Plate heat exchanger - stainless steel & nickel
Veggie Therm Mega 12v heater - aluminum

Zero copper in filtration

I use plastic mesh screens, filter bags, sediment filters, black pipe, steel drums, stainless steel immersion heater, plastic hose and a cast iron pump.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED well sort of. Seems that my WVO was not de-watered properly :eek: . The slime is caramelized sugars (VERY BAD :eek: ) and over time can damage the IP. I cleaned my fuel bowl with B-100, an old toothbrush and Q-tips, but didn't remove the standpipe. I kept partially filling the fuel bowl with B-100 and draining it until I felt it was clean. The slime is gone. Now I'm draining my front tank of the questionable oil and will re-fill with soy from Costco. I will de-water the questionable oil before I run it.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Hopefully thats it. Dana recommends heat and settle for dewatering to prevent leaving water solubles in the WVO. Pretty much how I do it, tho I haven't seen his exact process. He does sell plans for his setup if you're interested. Dana's prefilter plans

One of the reasons I like sources that have some water present is it may help draw impurities out of the oil.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58