wvo system check valves

dpantazis

Reaction score
greetings all-

i have been planning my wvo/svo conversion for some time.

i like the general arrangments of fordnut's system, but not keen on how kludgey it is with all the hardware.

i will make my own manifold and drill and tap it where and how i want- putting taps in at 45 degrees to keep down on the number of fitting and such.

the thing that i am working on now is check valves.

what GPM are we truely needing for the flow of oil? i am looking at o'keefe controls check valves. the come packaged in all types-

http://www.okcc.com and more specifically-
http://www.okcc.com/PDF/CkVlv Pages.pdf

anyone have any suggestions?

dennis

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
I used steel 1/4" hydraulic check valves, available grainger, mcmaster, local hydraulic shops.... About 5psi pressure drop, over 25k they have worked flawlessly. Others have used the brass air check valves no problems I'm aware of.

How much flow you really need will vary depending on mods and whether you deadhead or flow thru the heads to the FPR. The fuel pumps put out around 100 GPH so anything that flows more than that is not necessary

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
call me crazy

yes, i am thinking of building a veggie system instead of buying his kit.
i have great respect for jason and his endeavor, but his setup is a little to complicated and spendy for me right now. i am more of a roll my own kind of guy anyway

i had started gathering components to a wvo conversion a while ago, had planned on buying an obs truck and doing it really simple.

jason has a bunch of stuff in the system- turbo timer, logic control.

now with the SD, doing the dual fuel source feeding the rails seems like the best way to go and not much more work. plumbing the heads is really nothing more than the regulated return kit.

i have access to hydraulic crimper to make my lines (key to the shop). i have lathe and mill at home to make other hard parts.

the check valve issue seems to be soved now. all i need is more time and money.

dennis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58