X codes

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading from V codes to the Xs. For those of you who have gone that route, will I need to change out my stock shocks? I'm assuming everything else will be okey dokey.

Anyone have an idea of what new X springs will cost? Thanks.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You know those X codes have a pretty firm ride? Upgrade from stock shocks.:sweet
If you're looking to gain height I'd just order an Edge or (Icon?) mini spring pack,half the cost of X codes and half the trouble installing.

The higher you go you may need a pan rod bar drop bracket and/or adjustable trac bar.

Midwest may chime in as well:sweet

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figure the ride will firm up a bit. I'm not interested in getting higher, although the X codes will give me another inch or so. My Vs have started to sag. I've got a pretty good forward rake right now so I figure the Xs up front will get me closer to level.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'll agree to the V code springs resting in abit for we swapped in V's back in Sept 2002 and today look close to where the D's were at first but a 250lb bumper on the front doesnt help much;)

I plan on swapping out the V codes for the 400lb rated higher W codes so we'll retain a nice ride/level while being able to support the heavy bumper.

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHP...do you have any idea how much the Xs are rated over the Ws. I've got a line on Xs right now that will cost me $275, including shipping. Sounds a wee bit high in price. Whadya' think?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
CHP...do you have any idea how much the Xs are rated over the Ws. I've got a line on Xs right now that will cost me $275, including shipping. Sounds a wee bit high in price. Whadya' think?
Brand new pair X codes with shipping at $275 is real good.

The X codes are 6,000 lbs rated and the code for snow plow configurations.
W's 5,600 lbs
V's 5,200 lbs

I(believe) the X codes are 4 leafs vs the 2 leaf springs so you may be needing longer U bolts for the X's

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have X codes on my truck. I needed them to bring the front back to stock height after adding the bumper, and winch. If you install the x codes use new u bolts, and nuts. Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58