Question Yard help, please!!

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I'm renting a house in Oxford, Miss right now. The grass is pretty ugly. There is a lot of clover and weeds in the yard. I'm wondering what I can do to make the grass look better. Some of the yard has no grass at all. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I would be willing to spend some to make it look better than it is. I live on about a 1/4 acre. Anyone have some good tips for this coming spring/summer to make a difference? Thank you.

Drew

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Any trees? If the trees are overgrown i'd trim them up a bit to make more sunlight hit the ground. Rent an vertislicer or lawn aerator and put some fertilzer down and grass seed. Any month that has an "R" in it is a safe time to put grass seed down. Use straw to cover the grass seed to keep it from washing away in rain.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any trees? If the trees are overgrown i'd trim them up a bit to make more sunlight hit the ground. Rent an vertislicer or lawn aerator and put some fertilzer down and grass seed. Any month that has an "R" in it is a safe time to put grass seed down. Use straw to cover the grass seed to keep it from washing away in rain.

What he said.... Also get some Scotts Turf Builder fertilize.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll laugh...burn the yard. Gets all the dead grass and weeds out and the green to pop up in about a week or so. I know it sounds so redneck but try it. Do a 10' X 10' area.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
You'll laugh...burn the yard. Gets all the dead grass and weeds out and the green to pop up in about a week or so. I know it sounds so redneck but try it. Do a 10' X 10' area.

Yea you will be surprised when you see new grass growin. Nature has a way of rebuilding. Just dont burn the town down haha:lmao

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with burning. I moved into a foreclosure a few years ago and the yard was trashed. I got out the weed burner and had at it. I over-seeded and fertilized and the lawn came back perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58