Yellow SuperDuty Amarillo?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
There are a couple of new Yellow SuperDutys driving around town and three on the Ford lot. I just went to the FordVehicles website and I cannot find a Yellow Superduty anywhere. A buddy of mine claims they are a new model that Ford just came out with that is called the "Amarillo". Seems strange that it is not on the Ford website. Anyone know anything about the new Yellow Superduty Trucks and are they called "Amarillo"? If you guys don't know I will stop by the lot and find out what they are.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The Amarillo was a trim package offered in 2005 and 2006. Only came in yellow and I believe had black leather interior. It was discontinued when the HD truck came back IIRC.

Click for some info.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
HD as in Harley Davidson? I guess up here in Alaska we are just the last ones to get anything. The Yellow trucks just showed up here. The wife seems to like them but I guess I might not but there is something about them??? There is a guy that pilots up north with one and everyone started calling him "Sponge bob" :eek:

spongebob.jpg

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yes, HD as in Harley tucks, I edited my original post while you were reading it I think. The 05's were only available in a select few western states on the lower 48 Crumm, thats why you are just now seeing the 06's show up in your area.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sure enough
What makes the 2005 model even more unique is that they were only sold in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and California.

But now:
This popular model was made available throughout North America for the 2006 model year.

Thanks for the link, I was just curious :thanks

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit shore is purty, ain't it???:) :) I think most all the dealers in the DFW area has at least one on their lots. Even though mine is silver, I really like the bright red ones with the chrome package.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i first thought they were for folks who wanted to drive a school bus, but didnt like the kids.:roflmao
them trucks are BRIGHT

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Good lookin bright truck!:sweet Named after my home town.:roflmao

Dealers around here have at least one. Quite a few of them running down the road too. Last year someone asked about them "over there." I offered for him to paypal me the money and I'd pick him up one:roflmao , he didn't go for it.:(

Since no one else has mentioned it.....Amarillo means yellow in spanish. You wouldn't believe how many people live here and don't know that.:rolleyes:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I read that they only came out in 06 (Amarillo package)

I never liked it, always seemed like a big chunk of cheddar cheese

It would look cool to drive around in Florida or Cali in that thing during the summer though :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
I read that they only came out in 06 (Amarillo package)

In your neck of the woods that is correct, they were only available in a limited number of states in 05, Wyoming was one of them and I have seen the Amarillo around the streets here for quite some time now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58