Yep, they fixed it!!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
fixed it worse...:cussing:

man, is it getting hard to find good help these days...just in yesterday at a driveline/tranny shop to get the rear pinion seal fixed. guess it goes back.:censored:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
you went straight home and hooked that plow to it again, didnt ya red???

tore it up :tounge :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

did they get it right the 2nd. time around?

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love payin' people to do a crappy job eh? I always say, I can do a crappy job myself why should I need to pay someone else to do it?:D

atk

Reaction score
fixed it worse...:cussing:

man, is it getting hard to find good help these days...just in yesterday at a driveline/tranny shop to get the rear pinion seal fixed. guess it goes back.:censored:

well bring it on over, i`ll fix it for you....i`m good help....:roflmao :roflmao

definitly take it back, they should stand behind there work. could be another problem, pinion bearing maybe? i know, not what you want to hear. hopefully mechanic didn`t do a thorough job....

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well bring it on over, i`ll fix it for you....i`m good help....:roflmao :roflmao

definitly take it back, they should stand behind there work. could be another problem, pinion bearing maybe? i know, not what you want to hear. hopefully mechanic didn`t do a thorough job....

If the pinion bearing was/is gone the mech. should have picked up on that if he has any clue at all. If he doesn't he has no right touching your rear end.:D Pun intended. LOL

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
It might just be an optical illusion, but the pinion yoke looks to me like it's not perpendicular to the path the pinion should be on.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
red
it took my florida ford dealer three times to get the rear pinion input seal correct.......the third time the serive manager, a regional rep and me watched it go in using the CORRECT tools, some still beleive you can just knock em in with a ball peen hamer and piece of old 2x4...-mad

next time, while they have the pinion shaft off, look for grooves formed by the improperly installed seal....if it wore even a small groove it will leak again unless the groove is removed or you get a new input shaft.
sorry to hear you got screwed and sealed :cussing:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
wweeeellllll-

after waiting for 2 hours, i had to pry it out of the guy - he just said it was fixed - said the yoke had a 'notch' scratched into it. put it on the lathe and machined her down + replaced the seal 'even tho it was good' so he said....

idiots..............

atk

Reaction score
wweeeellllll-

after waiting for 2 hours, i had to pry it out of the guy - he just said it was fixed - said the yoke had a 'notch' scratched into it. put it on the lathe and machined her down + replaced the seal 'even tho it was good' so he said....

idiots..............

well i hope they didn`t machine too much off, because if they did, you will have your leak back...:doh: ...if it was a scratch, some emery cloth would have did the trick.....

did you get to watch?...from the sounds of it, you didn`t....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58