Yes or NO on the Muffler

jserman

I run over little KIDS!!!
Reaction score
well I put the muffler on because I need to get a 4-5in coupler and it was midnight and I need my exhuast on... I still have enought pipe to delete it so I am not worried.....

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mufflers arent for cars they are for anything that uses gas. but now that i think about it i ran dual cutouts on my gmcyukon. but yea loose the muffler and cat

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A chambered muffler KILLS a turbo's performance, not only on a truck but a car as well. Turbos do not like back pressure at all. I unbolted my muffler, little performance difference, better sound. Unbolted the cat, over 1 mpg difference and a HUUUGE sound difference. The turbo really talks to me now;)
Jesse

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my open exhaust, its great next to vans and suvs with flat side comming off the stop light

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Go without. It is not that loud. I too run with the right rear window down just to hear the turbo spool. Love it.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the legality of a cat on a diesel? My truck and my buddy's 05 Ram 2500 came with a cat, but my other friend's 04 2500 didn't come with one and I hear it isn't necessary on a diesel...anyone in the know?
Jesse

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
It depends on your state emission laws.I beleive if it vca,e with the truck for that mosel year it stil has to be there, well at least in Colo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58