yet 1 mo' fng to the board

MrFirmn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I'm new to this forum, also. hoping to be able to pick some brains. I have an "06 cc lb 4wd lariat with a 6" procomp lift and 35" toyo open country mt's. I live in stuart, fl. to pay the bills I work for the fire dept. as a side job I started trappings hogs.

MrFirmn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Carry a BIG back-up pistol for hog hunting! I use a .45 ACP 1911. Oh, and :welcome to SDD!

Dave ;tu

have a few. was carrying a Taurus pt145 but I sweat a lot and now I need to send it in for repairs. I usually dispatch with a Taurus 357. and because my 45 needs repair, right now I'm carrying my wife's little sig p238. and thanks for the welcoming. glad to be on board.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Hog hunting is on my bucket list now that I retired. Kinda a long drive to where the hogs are for me but I do have a 454 Casull raging bull to dispatch one with if I get a chance. Welcome to forum

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hog hunting can be fun, and it can be real dangerous also.
Doug

Last edited:

MrFirmn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so far the hogs I've trapped have been fairly small and the ones I've killed while hunting, while they have been in the 200 lb range, happened similar to deer hunting.

Ziefer92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be on my list too when I retire but that's way too long. Enjoy hunting and driving

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
there used to be a custom knife maker out of Missouri, who also ran hog hunts.
The deal was $500, you got a custom built knife, then a weekend on the hog grounds.

No guns allowed. They bayed the hog with pitbulls and then you went in and did the deed with a knifestroke in the ribcage.

I've bowhunted hogs with a longbow. That's enough for me.

Stepping up to a 5" tusker being held by the snout by a pitbull just seems like a recipe for uh, shall we say, "something that's gonna suck."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58