You couldn't get rid of me that easily

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Well, I gave it a shot...

Didn't really want to sell the truck. Good thing. No one wanted to buy it. The wife's new business was in a jam, I thought I might be able to sell the truck and the fifth-wheel trailer. Posted on this board, eBay, and Craigslist. No bites. Lots of lookie loos, tire kickers, and pests. No serious offers.

The reason why my wife needed the money came and went. So I don't have to sell the truck. Bill or one of the other mods, if you would be so kind as to remove my listing from the Trucks For Sale section, I would appreciate it.

The wife didn't want me to sell the truck either. But I did make points for trying to make the sacrifice. :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it all worked out for you Ray.
Yep, we don't want to lose a good friend like you around here.
Most of the time things can look very dark at times but it seams
if we sat back and let the Lord work things out He does a much better job than we do. LOL

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
The reason why my wife needed the money came and went. So I don't have to sell the truck. Bill or one of the other mods, if you would be so kind as to remove my listing from the Trucks For Sale section, I would appreciate it.

Done......

Tbar

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Get rid of you? Where'd you get that far fetched idea? Stick around...kick off your shoes...and post regularly.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Money is tight everywhere, even for those with 700+ credit scores.

So even a used pet grooming van is out. That means on to Plan B.

I finally get to use some of the wiring, plumbing, and carpentry skills I have let go to seed. We are going with a trailer. I am placing an order with a local trailer manufacturer for a 7x14 twin axle cargo trailer, with insulation and AC installed. $4800 out the door.

Add a generator for another $3000, and another $5000 for all of the grooming goodies like a stainless steel tub, hydraulic lift grooming table, lighting, water heater, 50 gallon fresh water, 50 gallon grey and black tanks, and I will have the wife's new shop on wheels ready by June. The Beast gets drafted to pull the trailer from client to client.

I figure the trailer will run $15K tops if I do the labor. If I have it built, the going rate is nearly $40 large. The cheapest new van is $65K.

Since no one loans big money to a couple of disabled vets, one of whom can't work more than three hours in a stretch (me) this is the only way it gets off the ground. And we need to get things off the ground, as we already have a large client list, and all of the everyday expenses of a business, like the phones, the office expenses, banking, licenses, etc.

The big emergency was we had a used van on deposit. The bank chickened out at the last minute. The van's owner gave me a week to come up with the balance, but I couldn't sell the truck or the fiver to raise the cash. So I'm out the deposit, and the guy is trading it in on a new Sprinter van, and he's paying $90K for the thing.:eek:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be a nice trailer set-up to do the job. Be sure to post up a picture when you get it done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14