Your first rides

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
1972 mercury montego 351 windsor in 1980. found out the hard way that chicken wire, newspaper and body filler was used to fill the big dent in the right rear quarter. was a slight collision between a buddy and me that revealed the previous body repair.
on my way to pay for my insurance, turned into the drive and the engine quit. found brittle valve stem seal pieces in the oil pump, twisted the hex shaft and destroyed the distributor. replaced the seals, oil pump, hex shaft and distributor.
another day a friend and i were playing with his truck in the powerlines, ended up with 3 flats. got home got in the car, cruising to the body shop where he worked and suddenly the body shifted. there we were on the side of the road with the beams thet held the rear axle inplace not holding it in place.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
64 ford f-100. 390 and a four barrel. It was my dads and was sitting in the carport broke down. Needed a valve job. I made a deal that if I fised it, I could have it. I was out working on within 20 minutes. Tore the heads off, took them for a valve job, and bought a new carb. I drove it for a year and a half. One time, I chased a porsche 928 down the Mogoloon rim from Heber to Payson, if you know the area. He bought me lunch trying to figure out how I kept up with him. While I was out of country my dad sold it to someone that tore it apart totally, then decided he did not want it and parked it back in front of our house again. It ended up being sold again for scrap.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
1972 mercury montego 351 windsor in 1980.

Mine was a 1969 Merc Montego 2 dr hard top with the 351W. Ahh the memories of that car.

I keep forgetting to take a picture of it when I go back home and visit. It's still sitting at the farm and will until it either a) rots off the frame or b) someone like me decides to do something with it. Dad will never sell it.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
cause those 20 & 22R's didn't make enough horsepower to detonate...
-edit-
75 Mercury Monarch 2dr, 302, floor shifted auto

Ohhh JL, if you could have seen this one run, it was quite quick for a 4 banger held together with some chicken wire, duct tape and tin foil ;tu

I miss the ST.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1971 Trans Am. Built it from the ground up my freshman and junior years. It was my baby! Still have it, It's been parked for about 15 years. It's now waiting for me to get a shop built. Then my son and I are going to tear it apart and rebuild it again. :sweet Funny thing, about 5 of us had some pretty good rides in High School, (1970 SS 396 Camaro, 1974 Formula 400, 1968 Mustang, Cant remember the year Grand Torino), but I'm the only one who still has his. Gonna have to stop the PMS and get on the Shop! Poor Rachel. Guess she will get more shoes and jewelry. :roflmao

Barrett

Found a picture of it during the homecoming parade. My hood was very lucky that day. :sweet

View attachment 7412

Last edited:

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
First car of mine was a 66 GTO 389 with a glide in 1969
Until I got my own car I drove the family 1962 Jeep.

Too many cars in my life, a lot of which I wish I still had.

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I had a red 71 that I remember driving during the early 70's. I dont know if it was all over but in Texas you could only buy fuel on certain days. It depended on whether your license ended in an odd or even number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58