Your Valet (?) box

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Earlier today I was messing around with the wiring for my train horns under my dash, and I found a little black box with the words YOUR VALET written on it.

I'd never seen it before, so I googled it, didn't find anything. Anyone know what this mysterious little box is?

Not sure if it's stock or aftermarket. Hmm.

This truck is full of surprises.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a factory box? I don't know about that twisted wire. I followed it as far as I could, into a main wire bundle. Couldn't trace it from there.

There's quite a few wires going into this little box. Here's a picture:

I don't know anything about this little box. As you can see, there's a small schematic/diagram on the side of what looks like a relay (?) (is that what it is..a box of relays?) :dunno

Last edited:

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a sticker under the hood that says something about a remote start unit (I believe the sticker says DEI remote start unit) but the guy I bought the truck from couldn't tell me anything about it, and he didn't install one.

I guess I'll get it checked out. Especially if it means I could have a remote-start unit and NOT have to sit in the freezing cold during winter! :D

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if its a dei product its a viper or their other brand
it basically allows you to set the alarm and give a valet long enough to park and then get out then it arms.

it part of the whole package....i have had three of the viper alarms and never used the valet

hope it helps

dpantazis

Reaction score
directed electronics

yes, they have many brands.

its probably a remote start unit, valet brand like the one in the link i sent.

try to find the local shop that installs the valet brand and you are in business.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58