zanybody know of a good

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zanybody know of a good (Updated)

product that will bring back the "Clear" to headlight lenses ?

Our 99 Windstar's lenses are getting that Etched look. I've tryed whats available at Auto-Zone and the like.. No Worky.

:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANKS ;tu

Wife sez I have every tool known to man, and to many..:lmao

I'll order some. Anything Meguairs has alwayz been good stuff.

Thanks again..:sweet;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are welcome. And I dont let my wife into the garage very often for that particular reason. :lmao

I hear ya !

But every now & then I'll fix something for her and make a point of let'n her know: I fixed that with that tool you said I Didn't Need :)tounge;)) She just walks off.. Mumble'n sumthin. :lmao:lmao

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
big joe- do you plan on doing this soon? i ask because my sister is home for a month from school and her cars headlights are terrible! id like to know how that stuff works if you plan on doing it this week or next. if not....ill just have to JUMP and find out myself!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would like to hear how this stuff works. I have a friend who has a 2000 F-350 and his headlights look like frosted glass.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
big joe- do you plan on doing this soon? i ask because my sister is home for a month from school and her cars headlights are terrible! id like to know how that stuff works if you plan on doing it this week or next. if not....ill just have to JUMP and find out myself!

Yes. I'm guna order some tomorro. Don't know how long it'll take to get it tho. As soon as I get it, I'll go to work in the lenses. I'll let you ALL know how it does.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say that some of the cleaner wax & elbow grease has always brought mine back to clear but they will reoxidize if not sealed with a UV protectant.

I usually hit mine with the cleaner wax about once a year on the car and call it good.

The root of the problem is that from the factory the headlights have a uv protective coating on there and the sand and road debris that gets kicked up will chip this off leaving the plastic exposed which discolors with UV exposure and further pits when more debris hits.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I can say that some of the cleaner wax & elbow grease has always brought mine back to clear but they will reoxidize if not sealed with a UV protectant.

I usually hit mine with the cleaner wax about once a year on the car and call it good.

The root of the problem is that from the factory the headlights have a uv protective coating on there and the sand and road debris that gets kicked up will chip this off leaving the plastic exposed which discolors with UV exposure and further pits when more debris hits.

There is another way to go about this as well but is very labor intensive. You remove the light and wet sand them with 2000 grit paper then polish them with a rotory and polish to remove the wet sanding marks and have them clear coated with automotive clear to protect them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58