Zero oil pressure on the gauge No oil in HPOP

westquest

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did a oil change about 60 miles ago. Ran great. But then when I went to start it the next day it almost started then nothing. Checked the GPR (GLOW PLUG RELAY) It was good plenty of power. I changed my CPS (CRANK POSITION SENSOR) less than 30,000 miles ago Now turns over wont start. Oil on dipstick is ok. But flat zero on gauge and cant see any oil in HPOP. Did the oil change plug something up?:confused: 95 7.3 Turbo Charged Diesel. Thanks in advance. Signed Completely Lost.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a oil change about 60 miles ago. Ran great. But then when I went to start it the next day it almost started then nothing. Checked the GPR (GLOW PLUG RELAY) It was good plenty of power. I changed my CPS (CRANK POSITION SENSOR) less than 30,000 miles ago Now turns over wont start. Oil on dipstick is ok. But flat zero on gauge and cant see any oil in HPOP. Did the oil change plug something up?:confused: 95 7.3 Turbo Charged Diesel. Thanks in advance. Signed Completely Lost.

WELCOME TO SDD !!

How many miles on yer 95 ?

What brand and weight of oil are you using ?

It takes 500 psi from the HPOP, to "pop" the injectors.. If you can see any oil in the HPOP.. it might be time for a new one.

Fill it with oil and give it a try.. (there's check valve that keeps it from loosing prime) if it holds the oil..then starts.. then won't.. that's an indicator of a HPOP gone south.

Joe

Last edited:

westquest

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
236,000 miles Super Teck 15w 40. I will give that a whirl and let you know tomorrow. Thanks Joe :)

Last edited:

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet the oil bypass valve fell out.
Remove your oil filter and look at the base.
14638d1341592716-low-oil-pressure-oil-regulator-valve-oil-filter-base.jpg
make sure the valve is there.

Sent from my *******-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Oil on dipstick is ok. But flat zero on gauge and cant see any oil in HPOP.

Don't think your going to see the gauge move until it starts. As far as oil in the HPOP did you try and check it with your finger or other object?

Before you go tearing things apart try putting some jumper cables on the truck from another vehicle to rule out the battery. If its weak the starter can sound normal but the computer doesn't have enough voltage to allow it to start.

westquest

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot guys it started. Shut it off and restarted it. Now I just hope it restarts in about 25 minutes. Put a scan tool on it and it was not showing any problems. I will check the oil level in the HPOP because I had to put about a 1/4 of a quart in. Thanks again guys most appreciated. :). 25 minutes later it still has oil in the HPOP and it started.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet the oil bypass valve fell out.
Remove your oil filter and look at the base.
14638d1341592716-low-oil-pressure-oil-regulator-valve-oil-filter-base.jpg
make sure the valve is there.

Sent from my *******-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Don't think your going to see the gauge move until it starts. As far as oil in the HPOP did you try and check it with your finger or other object?

Before you go tearing things apart try putting some jumper cables on the truck from another vehicle to rule out the battery. If its weak the starter can sound normal but the computer doesn't have enough voltage to allow it to start.

;tu Glad it started for ya ;tu

The above is some real good 1,2,3 advice too.

@ 236K.. a HPOP might be in the future.. if the problem re-occurs though. The battery condition is something to check out too (?) before you start turning wrenches also.

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58