zf-6 and throttle...

SuperDF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im having some trouble with my truck. I have the ZF-6 tranny and coming home from the desert I went to down shiftand the pedal went to the floor. So when this happened the tranny sounded like it wanted to come apart. So i replaces the master and slave system with a prebleed kit from Ford. Now the truck wont go into first gear.(Not Low compound) You cant down shift or it grinds. It goes into all the other gears fine even reverse.

The other problem is the throttle pedal. It works once in a while, I throw a P0221 when it does not work. Any Ideas.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If I were a guessin' man (which I'd rather take a look at it myself, but I'm three time zones away)... I'd say you need a clutch and a throttle pedal.

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it sounds like your not getting enough travel out of your hydraulic clutch. If you weren't experiencing the first gear access issue just before the thing failed and are now than your simply not getting enough travel. It could be worn clutch parts(fork,pressure plate,fly wheel, disc,throw out bearing) as well but it just seems wrong to condem it right away. How many miles on current clutch? I'm about to replace my clutch that only has 65k and it only slips in hi range gears at full throttle but I smoked it from excessive sand racing and mid to full throttle off the line take offs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg