ZF 6 Cooler lines

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
Anyone know which line is the out side of the cooler system is it the upper line or the lower line. I need to know which one to cut to put in the temp sensor.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which line is the out side of the cooler system is it the upper line or the lower line. I need to know which one to cut to put in the temp sensor.

You don't need to cut the cooling line.

You can use the Fill Port plug... on the Driver side of yer ZF-6.

I drilled & tapped my plug, OR.. you could take the plug to yer local parts house and get an adaptor.. threaded to match the tranny & temp sensor...

:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
I was looking at that too I guess the oil gets sloshed around enough to get a good reading. I found inline temp sensors online they are like $40 not worth putting it in the cooler line for that much. What I have done in autos is put in one of those add on drain and put the temp sensor in that. I could put one of those in the PTO cover that might work too.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at that too I guess the oil gets sloshed around enough to get a good reading. I found inline temp sensors online they are like $40 not worth putting it in the cooler line for that much. What I have done in autos is put in one of those add on drain and put the temp sensor in that. I could put one of those in the PTO cover that might work too.

Yer call, but yul get more than enough fluid temp~contact at the fill port.. when the gears a roll'n. I've just never been a fan of cutting Any lines... and the restrictions that could occur... in the line, from a thermocouple.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg