Zoo Dad - How good is it?

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a AFE stage 1 intake on my truck. Would the Zoo Dad installation make much of a differece. Looking through my grille it seems that it would restrict a lot of air flow. .

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
for less than $15 (depending on how you do it - see 'sticky' on zoodad mod) you get great return for the investment. me - anywhere from 100-150 miles per tank on a stock engine

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't hurt & it's easy to do

Agreed ;tu

The way these engines, and all the associated crapolla, are stuffed under the Hoods.. anything we can do to push a little more [cooler] air through.. hasta be a "Good Thing", not only for more Intake Air but to keep the Heat move'n too.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website to buy a zoodad? I saw them before but dont remember the site, they were under $20

just to clear up History of the "Zoodad Mod", and where it came from ?

This real slick Mod to get more and cooler outside temp air into our intakes was originally invented/thought up several years ago, by a SDD/TDS member who's user-name is Zoodad.

IRC (?) the Beta model was to simply cut, or drill holes in the Radiator support area, where everyone locates the mod, to this day. But, being the.. "Build a better Mouse Trap" types that we all are.... there has been, and will probably be.... several "Better Ideas" on the Mod.

I can't recall a Commercially made, ready to install, copy of a "Zoodad".:dunno

Parts'n Pieces conjured up by you, from your local Hardware/Home Improvement store will Git'r Done though.

Joe

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
leave it to Joe to make a short story long....................:sly

and i do believe there is a 'zoodad' piece to purchase.....bama may have the right info on that...as i remember seeing 'someone' post up about it. iirc ~$69/79:dunno

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
There is a product out there from a company called Airfury. Pay them 50.00 plus S&H
and they send you the instructins on where to cut the hole and a plastic "air register" if
you will to stick in the hole.

Ask me how I know this......................:)

I bought one about a year after I got my truck (pre-SDD membership)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leave it to Joe to make a short story long....................:sly

and i do believe there is a 'zoodad' piece to purchase.....bama may have the right info on that...as i remember seeing 'someone' post up about it. iirc ~$69/79:dunno

Just a bit of PS Dezel Trivia..? Albeit, to long an answer.....? :sly;):lmao

There is a product out there from a company called Airfury. Pay them 50.00 plus S&H
and they send you the instructins on where to cut the hole and a plastic "air register" if
you will to stick in the hole.

Ask me how I know this......................:)

I bought one about a year after I got my truck (pre-SDD membership)

And I'm Now.. more informed........ ;):lmao

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58