Zoodad or Screwedad?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You have a cat on that unit, no particulate filter. That honor was bestowed on the 6.4's.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
many early units (03 & 04) and even some 05s were experiancing cracked
why or flex-up pipes....which was a source for in cab fumes.

i DOUBT that is covered under your current warranty (expecting you are
outside the 3/36 but still w/in the 5/100)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
let me tell you, it works awesome too. screw on the covers when it is raining or i go wash it (to keep water out, don't want a wet filter)
even screens out the cottonwood..:sweet

fins! what is wrong w/ my fins? just a little buged (dinged) up. that can't be affecting performance THAT much!:dunno

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey as for the smell of diesel in the cab thats a built in mans air freshener that came as an option :lmao no seriously i had the same thing a while back and someone on here said to sheck my fuel filter cap as its plastic and depending on who changes yuour oil could have been overtightened. well i change my fluids so didnt think that was the prob but it was something i did. the o ring was had slipped out of the proper slot when tightening and was leakin a small amount of fuel that was then sucked into the cab well not the fuel but the fumes

F350newbie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bushpilot,

Do you have photos of a Y pipe? Are they difficult to replace?

If its not a cracked Y pipe what else could be cracked? leaking fuel burning on the hot engine? If leaking fuel as ckamp52 says is there a fool proof way to find the source of the fuel leak aside from the filter?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track