Zoodad???

bwturk9

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was reading up on some upgrades you all have done. I am wondering what a zoodad is and where you can buy it? I saw pictures of someone making one from scratch, not sure if that is actually what it is or not.

I also am interested to hear in what you all think about how to get more turbo boost. The highest my boost gets is about 15psi. I have 4" turbo back exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchip, guages, i have the early 99' model of the 7.3L. I've heard of a lot ppl round my area who are workn on their trucks are getting 25-30. One guy gets 50psi, but i understand the money he put into his truck, and i aint about to do quite the same. Also, what would be the next upgrade? A bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler, or what? Thanks for any answers/suggestions!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome BW. The Zoodad is not really anything you have to buy from a performance stand point.

Some have made inlets, grills, etc of their own desire to "dress" it up abit.

The Zoodad allows more air to flow directly to the air intake, by cutting a hole in the header panel.

There use to be a write up in the Super Duty Wiki, but I couldn't find it. :dunno

HERE is my own version of the Zoodad, the inlet and grill that is.

Hope this helps. ;tu

Also, do a search on Zoodad, and you will find tons of info on it.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I'll add that it is easy and takes about 10 mins depending on your level of creativity.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Buying a zoodad? Nahhhh!;) Check out my How-to article so you can do it on your truck:sweet

Since you've already knocked out the intake and exhaust upgrades you may want to take a look at upgrading your fuel system.Off Ford's showroom floor our 7.3L Powerstroke trucks are fuel starved so many of us will modify the fuel PSI to get the fuel pressure up to an adequate level to where the injectors aren't as thirsty.

To adjust the fuel pressure up I recommend the CPR adjustable fuel regulator kit or if you wanted to go the full route and really dial the fuel system in the Dieselsite CPR Fuel system is sweet and I should add that to my "to do" list as well.:sweet

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be doing the zoodad mod soonmyself and I like the creative idea bama had. Got my wheels turning. Thanks:notworthy

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
King, Welcome to SSD.com. Keep your pocket book handy
because we are all good at helping you spend your money. LOL

:oval:SDD2:wc2

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I found a lower billet bumper/grill insert for a, ......excuse my language, Chevy on the clearance rack at our Summit Race shop. They wanted ten whole dollars for it. I clearanced the edges of it and it fit the application perfectly.;tu

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the zoodad done. I put my own spin on it! Its sure is nice to work in a fabrication shop and have plenty of extra time for "government" projects. I'd post some pics but I'm not sure how. Yeah I'm pretty good at emptying my pocket book on this truck all by myself. But hey its always good to have some help with the ideas on how to do it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58